This weekend I had a great time at a Bachelorette party for one of my best friends. When getting things together for the party, I decided it would be fun for us to have personalized glasses. Even though we don’t drink alcohol, no one can resist a cute glass that has their name on it right? lol While you can buy decorated glasses at almost any store that sells party stuff, it was much more affordable to make them myself, not to mention more fun! In order to make the glasses I did as follows:
1. 1 – Purchase your glasses – I purchased my glasses from the Dollar Tree and chose to use martini glasses. You can do this with any type of glasses though.
2. 2 – Find a pen – You can use a paint pen, paint or even permanent markers to write on the glass. Since I did not have a paint pen I simply used a permanent marker. A permanent marker should stay on the glass as long as you don’t scrub with soap and water or use any type of solvent (such as Acetone or rubbing alcohol).
3. 3 – Decide what you want to write on the glasses – Since this was for a bachelorette party, I decided to just write our names on the glasses but the possibilities are endless! Have fun with it!
4. 4 – Writing on glass – There are a couple of options here: you can either write on the outside of the glass or write the words backwards on the outside of the glass so that you will be able to read it while drinking out of it. For our glasses, I wanted us to be able to read our names when drinking out of them. In order to do that, I wrote our names on a piece of paper, cut it down to size and taped it on the inside of the glass. To make it easier, I made sure that the paper I used was thin enough that I could read the backside of each name on the outside of the glass. Using a permanent marker, I then traced the names on the outside of each glass. Thankfully, permanent markers dry pretty fast so I never had to worry about smudging! *TIP – if you flub up or smudge the ink on the glass just use Acetone (nail polish remover) to easily erase the mistakes!
5. 5 – Decorations – To glam up our glasses I decided to purchase and use some jewels and butterflies. To glue on the jewels I used Crazy Glue which did a great job. *TIP – I found that it was easier to apply the glue straight to the glass rather than to the crystal, especially when gluing them at the base of the glass. This will help you to place the crystals exactly where you want them while avoiding gluing your fingers together!
6. 6 – Let it dry – Be sure to give adequate drying time before use. I made sure to make our glasses 24hrs before use just to be on the safe side.
7. 7 – Enjoy! – These glasses can be a great gift or just a little addition to make a moment extra special! *TIP – based on what paint and decorations you use, glasses may not be dishwasher safe. You should, however, be able to wash by hand with most paints and decorations.